måndag 27 augusti 2018

Writer's Dodge: One room a day keeps the doctor away

Before finally deciding to give it a go, I had been pondering a GURPS Fantasy campaign for a long time but it was Peter Dell'Orto's very amusing session reports on playing the Keep on the Borderlands with GURPS Dungeon Fantasy-rules that both introduced me to GURPS DF and made me kick off my own campaign.

My scope widened (as it usually does) after having read KotB to first redrawing the dungeon map into four floors, removing one or two sections that I didn't think fit very well into the feel of my setting, converting the monsters to GURPS stats, converting the loot and now I'm in the process of converting the actual room key descriptions using Justin Alexanders method in his The Art of the Key-series.

To keep the text flowing I'm trying to write up one room each day, if I feel I have more time after that I can use it to edit an old room or write notes on the next few. Right now I'm about ten rooms into a dungeon with approx. 60 keyed rooms so we'll see in about two months time if I'm finished or not...

https://www.deviantart.com/ta-p3psi/art/Quill-and-Ink-106092254

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar